This episode is on fire. Join me as we discuss why men cheat with special guest and reformed cheater Ron Carey. He gives us an insight into cheating and his opinion on the reasons men cheat. We discuss the following reasons and the signs of cheating.
Psychological Reasons for Cheating
1. Ego- driven- Some men are driven by their self-image and are insecure. As men age or settle down, that feeling of insecurity can increase and the question- “Do I still have what it takes to get the prize?” –Mid-life crisis and flashbacks of younger days can creep in.
2. Accessibility/ Opportunity - We live in the age of the easy button. 90% of people who have online affairs get addicted and search for another
3. Greed- We can’t leave out the fact that some men are just greedy. They seem to never have enough women, sex, or pleasure.
4. Emotional needs /Voids- Although for men it is common to think that cheating is about sex, there are men that cheat because of certain voids that exist in the relationship. It can be a lack of support, respect, attention, praise, sex, etc…
5. Narcissistic-these are men that lack empathy and think mainly about themselves and their own needs.
6. Undisciplined/immature- Some men just seem to think with the wrong head!
Signs of Cheating
1. Phone, text, social media
2. Change in attitude-behavior
3. Change in pattern
4. Unexplained absences